PC Assembly Limited Labor Warranty
IgLou provides a 90-day limited labor warranty for custom assembled computers as described in this document. This limited warranty applies to PC computers, workstations and servers that are custom assembled by IgLou out of individually purchased components.
What is covered during the limited warranty period
During the warranty period IgLou will provide, at no labor charge, the following:
- Diagnosing any component suspected of defect or failure
- Contacting manufacturer of component to obtain replacement under original manufacturer warranty (if any)
- Shipping of failed component to manufacturer
- Reinstallation and testing of replacement component into computer
- Reinstallation of any required software drivers
This warranty only covers labor. This warranty does not cover parts, components, shipping, taxes or software. IgLou does not offer its own warranty on such items besides the original manufacturer warranty. All parts will be covered by each part’s respective manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
Any costs charged by the original vendor or manufacturer, including shipping and taxes, or in the event that the individual component’s manufacturer warranty has expired, the cost of a new component, are the responsibility of the customer.
Any such warranty service or replaced parts do not extend the system warranty in any way. Services not covered under warranty will be charged for all shipping expenses incurred, and IgLou’s then-current hourly labor rate.
This warranty only covers labor for work performed in-house at IgLou’s own facility, and does not cover labor for retrieval or redelivery of computer or components to customer’s location. For additional charge, IgLou will send a qualified computer technician to retrieve or replace the defective component(s) if an appropriate warranty upgrade was not purchased. Multiple attempts may be required to repair defective components.
The warranty start date begins on the day of shipment or delivery.
Once this warranty expires, the components may still be covered by their respective component manufacturer’s warranties. Many manufacturers offer one or more additional years on their product warranties. Warranty length and coverage depends on specific component and manufacturer and can be determined by contacting the manufacturer directly.
What is not covered during the limited warranty period
This warranty does not cover any of the following:
- The costs of any replacement parts or components.
- Software, including the operating system and software installed by IgLou’s assembly and testing process, as well as any third party software.
- Failure due to viruses, bugs, or any type of malicious software.
- Hardware or components not assembled into the system by IgLou staff.
- External computer hardware products and peripherals not part of the original assembly, such as speakers, keyboards, monitors, etc.
- Problems resulting from external causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
- Problems related to servicing or repair not authorized by IgLou
- Failure to follow IgLou’s technical support or RMA instructions including improper packaging
- Components that have been damaged by actions that are beyond IgLou’s control, including for example, impacts, fluids, fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning or similar disaster, war, strike, lockout, epidemic, destruction of production facilities, riot, insurrection or material unavailability.
- Components or products for which IgLou has not received payment
- Any type of components custom modified by IgLou through painting or finishing, disassembly, cutting, etc.
How to Get Warranty Service
Customer must properly package and send the defective unit to IgLou’s facility for repair. Computer system repair usually takes a minimum 7-10 days, and total repair time is based on type of problem and particular replacement components availability. Customer will be charged regular labor rates if no problems are found or the system has failed due to customer error. Shipping fees, if any, are the responsibility of the customer.
IgLou assumes no liability for components damaged by the customer if the customer decides to replace cross-shipped component on his/her own.
All IgLou warranties and services that are implied or express terminate at the end of such product’s written warranty lifetime or when the customer sells, trades, or otherwise loses ownership of the system.
This warranty gives you specific rights as a customer, and you may have other rights which may vary from state to state or otherwise. IgLou will not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth, nor will we accept liability for consequential and incidental damage. IgLou will also not accept liability for data lost, or for certain parts not being available.
Some states may not allow the limitations of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental or consequential damage, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND COMPANY’S SOLE LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT AT COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL IGLOU BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUES, OR ANTICIPATORY PROFIT, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SALE, USE, OPERATION, OR INABILITY TO USE OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM COMPANY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PARTICULAR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT PAID BY THE PURCHASER. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO ANY CLAIM PRESENTED, WHETHER THE LEGAL THEORY FORMING THE BASIS OF SUCH CLAIM INVOLVES CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE, REGULATION, CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR OTHERWISE.
This contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Buyer agrees that competent courts in Jefferson County, Kentucky shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action with respect to this warranty. In the event of any dispute related to this contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fee and costs.